Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another reason to use Java 7 - Tiered Compilation


I had my Ahhhaaa moment last week when I was reading about Tiered compilation, which was introduced in Java SE 7. It combines the goodness of client and server startup. In short client startup speeds to the server VM. 

Check below graph. 



Isn't this awesome performance benefit? For more details read this documentation. So start using java 7 if you haven't already done it. Or I would say go for java 8. I know lots of big companies where java 6 is still de facto standard. Question is how can we make these companies adapt quickly. May not be appropriate for this blog post. I need another blog for my all my rants ;).

Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Will share more
Manisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment